Try this fun China quiz
- What implement to do with rain did the Chinese invent?
- What type of endangered bear is native to China?
- What colour is the Panda bear?
- What type of plant makes up the majority of the Panda Bear`s diet?
- What type of `cart` is used to carry people on some roads in China and other parts of Asia?
- How many wheels does a Rickshaw have?
- What type of Chinese writing/painting is done with a brush?
- What do the Chinese use to help them with mathematics?
- What do the Chinese use instead of a frypan<
- What is used instead of knives/forks?
- What do most Chinese use for transport?
- How many animals are there in Chinese Zodiac calendar?
- Name three of the animals in the Chinese calendar?
- According to the Chinese calendar, what is 2008 the year of?
- Is Beijing in Northern or Southern China?
- Beijing is the official capital of China. What is the full name for China?
- What was the former name of Beijing?
- Beijing is China`s second largest city. What is the first?
- The Forbidden Palace is in Beijing. Who used to live there?
- What language is spoken in Beijing?
- What occurred at Tiananmen Square in 1989?
- What was the name of the famous 1970`s TV show about a Shaolin monk called Kwai Chang Caine?
- What type of `moving meditation` are the Chinese famous for?
- Name two martial arts?
- What is the main language spoken in Hong Kong?
- When was the English/Chinese handover of Hong Kong?
- When you received a red envelope from a Chinese person, what do you get inside?
- Does the Fortune Cookie originate from China or America?
- Beginning in 114 BC, what was the name of the famous trade route/road that went through China?
- What is the name of China`s most famous philosopher?
- Name two countries that border China
- Describe the Chinese flag
- Why is the flag background red?
- What form of government does China have?
- What colour is considered lucky by the Chinese?
- How many years ago was the Chinese Wall built? 5000 or 2500?
- What is China`s currency?
- What is some-one who studies Chinese culture called?
- Which breed of dog takes its name from the former capital of China?
- In China what colour does the bride traditionally wear?
- Which sea is named after China?
- When is your `China` wedding anniversary?
- What is the International Dialling code for China?
- Which is China`s longest river?
- Which huge desert is located in Northern China and South East Mongolia?
- In 1934, 100 000 Communist troops left Southern China to go to Northern China. The journey took a year and 90% of them died. What has this journey been called?
- Which country did China invade in October 1950?
- What is the capital of Tibet?
- What are individual Chinese letters (of the alphabet) called?
- Which animal is used during the Chinese New Year celebrations?
- Major international cities often have a Chinese restaurant/shopping district. What are these Chinese areas called?
- What is the name of the Chinese art of determining `lucky` house designs and interiors?
- According to Feng Shui, which direction should your bed face?
- What year was the People`s Republic of China founded?
- What was the name of the revolution that occurred within China between 1966-1976?
- What does R.O.C. stand for?
- What type of music is Beijing particularly famous for?
- What type of luxurious fabric is China famous for?
- What is the main religion in China?
- Why was the Great Wall built?
- What percentage of the world`s population live in China? 20% or 35%?
- China is the third largest country in the world. What are the first two?
- In Chinese culture, which number is considered lucky?
- In Chinese culture, which number is considered unlucky?
- The Panda bear
- Black and white
- The Rickshaw
- An abacus
- A wok
- Ox, Rat, Horse
- The Earth Rat
- The People`s Republic of China
- The Chinese Emperor and his household
- The Tiananmen Square Massacre
- Kung Fu
- Thai Chi
- Kung Fu, Karate, Judo
- America (Yes, really!)
- The Silk Road
- It borders 14 countries including India and Vietnam
- The Chinese Flag is composed of five yellow stars on a red background
- Because red is the colour traditionally associated with Communism
- A communist party-led state
- A sinologist
- The South China Sea
- The Gobi desert
- The Long March
- The dragon
- Feng Shui
- The Cultural Revolution
- Republic of China
- Beijing Opera
- To keep potential invaders out
- Russia and Canada